If you are accessing the online giving system for the first time, you will need to create an account. If you are having any problems or need assistance with online giving, please contact the church by email or at 561-395-1244.
WAYS TO GIVE AT FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
There are multiple ways for you to give. Each method allows for God's work to be done as you are faithful to God's calling to give back.
GIVE ONLINE (Please inquire at the church office for availability information)
There are several benefits to online giving for both you and our church. Some of them are. . .
- Faithfully Honoring God— When you sign up to give online you are deciding in advance to faithfully give. God always blesses that kind of faith! The Bible teaches that we are to honor God with the "First Fruits" of our labor (Proverbs 3:9). By setting up a recurring contribution that is scheduled to come out of your account on the day you specify, you can ensure that your first fruits are faithfully given back to God.
- Simplicity— You won’t have to remember whether you gave this month or send in an offering by mail when you’re on a trip.
- Security— We utilize an encrypted secure website for your online records. Online giving is more secure than giving with a check or cash because an electronic gift can’t be lost or stolen.
- Focus— Instead of having to worry about writing a check and filling out an envelope during the service, you can be fully focused on the worship service, knowing that you have already given your offering.
- Helping Christ Church— Online giving is more cost effective for our church to process, and it makes our record keeping much easier.
Appreciated Marketable Securities are a great way to maximize your giving, because you receive an immediate income tax deduction for the full fair market value of your securities. In addition, you pay no capital gains tax on the difference between your cost and the fair market value. For more information on giving stocks/bonds/securities, please contact the church by email or at 561-395-1244.
TITHES AND OFFERINGS
Financial giving at First United Methodist Church can generally be divided into two categories: tithes and offerings. The Bible teaches us that we worship the Lord with our tithe, which is ten percent of our income contributed to the church on a regular basis. You can learn more about tithes here. When we feel called to give over and above our tithe, we do so as an offering.
The ministry of First United Methodist Church is funded by God's provision through the tithes and offerings of faithful members and attenders. At First United Methodist Church we honor God's provision by exercising wise and faithful stewardship, ethical business practices, and full accountability so that the financial integrity of our church remains beyond reproach. Our mission is facilitated through our system of internal controls over financial reporting and our internal budgeting and reporting processes. Additionally, First United Methodist Church has an annual financial review performed by an independent accounting firm. You may request a copy of our most recent financial statements or ask general questions about our financial practices at any time by contacting us by email or at 561-395-1244.
A NOTE ABOUT CREDIT CARDS
While we allow the use of credit cards for tithes and offerings, we still strongly encourage the use of electronic funds transfer rather than credit card for two primary reasons:
- Although many pay off their credit cards each month, many also do not. We do not want to encourage someone to go into debt and pay interest on gifts given to the church.
- With electronic transfer, your entire gift goes to the church. When using a credit card, as much as 3% of your gift can go to the credit card company.
ONLINE GIVING REFUND AND PRIVACY POLICIES
Your information is held securely by the Fellowship One system. This information will remain private and will never be given away to third parties, other than to process your scheduled contributions. You can schedule new contributions at any time and can modify or cancel those contributions at any time prior to the date they are scheduled. Once the contribution has been processed, however, it cannot be cancelled. If you have any problems or questions related to this, please contact us by email or at 561-391-1244. To view information on Fellowship One WebLink security, click here.